brightpeak values your business and is committed to safeguarding the information that you provide to us online. We do not share or exchange information gathered online with outside organizations that are not performing services for us or on our behalf. Please review this policy to help you better understand our views and practices regarding privacy on our website and online.
What information do we gather on our website?
brightpeak collects contact information (such as name, email address and other information you provide). brightpeak will never ask you to provide or confirm your personal information through an email unless you have requested such an email or transaction from us. Never respond to an email (especially an unsolicited email) asking for personal or account information.
Do we use encryption technology?
Certain areas on brightpeak financial’s website have been built to handle sensitive or confidential information. These pages use an Internet method known as Secure Socket Layers (SSL). With SSL engaged, pages are sent to you in an encrypted (scrambled) format and any information you submit to brightpeak financial is also encrypted. Encryption is the transformation of data into a form unreadable by anyone who doesn’t have the appropriate decryption key. This method of transferring sensitive data is considered the industry standard for the Internet.
What other information do we capture?
brightpeak’s web server automatically recognizes your IP address when you visit our site as an anonymous visitor (without logging in). It does not recognize your email address. However, we do collect your email address if you communicate with us via email or provide your email address to us when completing an online survey or registering on various sections of our site.
brightpeak collects aggregate information about the pages visited within our website. We also capture browser type and version, and screen resolution. This information assists us in providing a more user-friendly site and aids in problem resolution if you experience technical difficulties while visiting our site.
How can you update the personal information you provide online?
Please contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org to update information you provide.
How do we protect your personal information?
We have strict standards of security to safeguard your data. In fact, the physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place to protect your data often exceed regulatory requirements. The technology we use to protect your data is reviewed often. We improve the process as needed.
Only authorized employees and authorized third-party agents may access and use data about you. All are trained to safeguard your data. Those who use your data must follow established standards, procedures and laws. Also, brightpeak uses encryption technology when sending or requesting personal information via the web.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We use the information we gather about our site visitors in one or more of the following ways:
- To contact you per your request.
- For general aggregate site visitor analysis and statistical research.
- To help us increase visitors’ satisfaction in their online experience with brightpeak.
- To provide you with information about products and services available through brightpeak and/or its affiliated companies that may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving this information during or after registering for the site.
How do you opt in/out of receiving emails, data sharing and about updates to our website?
Please contact us at the address below to unsubscribe from email correspondence or click on the “Unsubscribe” feature contained in our email correspondence.
Transmission of Data to Other Countries. Your personal information is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in the United States.
Do you reside in the EU?
If you reside, permanently or temporarily, in the European Union, we may provide you with additional options concerning your information.
- Changes to your Personal Information. We rely upon you to update and correct your personal information. If you identify an error in your information you can make a request that we modify it by contacting us using the information in the “Questions or comments” section below.
- Access to your Personal Information. If required by law we will grant reasonable access to Personal Information that we hold about you. All requests must be directed to the address included in the “Questions or comments” section below.
- Revocation of Consent or Restricting Processing. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, or wish to restrict the ways in which we can use your information, then we may no longer be able to provide you certain services. In some cases we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent or restrict use if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if our processing is not based on your consent. If you would like to revoke your consent or restrict our use of information such a request must be directed to the address included in the “Questions or comments” section below.
- Deletion of your Information. Typically we retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required by one of Thrivent’s industry regulators. If required by law, and permitted by our regulators, we will grant a request that we delete your Personal Information. All such requests must be directed to the address included in the “Questions or comments” section below.
Do we use cookie technology?
We use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the brightpeak websites you visit. brightpeak keeps track of the pages you visit within the brightpeak site to determine what portion of the brightpeak service is the most popular. This data may be used to deliver customized content and promotions within brightpeak to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Do we use Google Analytics?
Yes. Google Analytics is a Web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. that collects data for our websites that we use to analyze visitor traffic.
Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Do we use Google Display Advertising?
Yes. We have implemented a Google Analytics feature based on Display Advertising (Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) to analyze visitor data that includes age, gender and interests. We use this data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to gain deeper insight into the composition of our audience.
We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that is based on the DoubleClick cookie unless we have robust notice of, and the user’s prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger.
Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads here.
Do we use web beacons?
Web beacons (also known as web bugs, pixel/page tags and clear GIFs) are used with cookies to monitor the behavior of site visitors based on IP address. brightpeak reserves the right to use Web beacons on its website and in email communications for aggregate statistical purposes.
What is our policy for children (individuals under 16 years of age)?
Your children’s safety is important to us. We have developed our privacy guidelines in compliance with the requirements outlined by the Federal Trade Commission Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). See the FTC site for additional information on COPPA. No information should be submitted to or posted on our site by children under 16 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian.
Complaints. Complaints can be sent to us at the address included in the “Questions or comments” section below. Some jurisdictions may also allow you to complain to a data protection authority as well.
Questions or comments?
901 N. 3rd Street, Suite 195
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Click here to view our Privacy Notice